Magnet Program 6-12@Zelda Glazer
MAS 6-12@Zelda Glazer is one of the newest and most exciting Magnet Programs in Miami-Dade County Public Schools. In addition to an excellent academic environment, the Studio Program offers talented students with a passion for the arts a high standard curiculum of intensive theory and practice in the strand of their choice.
The goals of this program are:
MAGNET PROGRAM FEATURES
Students are selected to the Miami Arts Studio 6-12 through an application and audition process. The audition process is based on talent, interview, potential and maturity.
Admission to Miami Arts Studio 6-12 @ Zelda Glazer is determined by an application and performance audition, a portfolio/interview review, or random selection. Students may apply and/or audition/interview for ONLY one studio. The audition process is based on talent, potential, and maturity. Please check the audition criteria/requirements for the studio of your choice. Applicants and their families are encouraged to carefully consider researching the available studios before making a final selection, since students are unable to change studios once they are admitted.
Follow these steps for a successful admission experience:
1. Review the student’s eligibility. Eligibility is determined by academics, conduct, effort, interest, and attendance. Conditions for application eligibility include:
• Minimum of 2.0 Grade Point Average in core academic subject areas (e.g. language arts, mathematics, science, social studies) and in conduct.
• All effort grades in core academic classes must be a “2” or higher.
• No more than 10 unexcused absences will be allowed for previous year.
• Placement is based on audition/interview and/or random selection results.
2. All applicants must submit a completed application online, or mail the completed application to the Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS) School Choice & Parental Options’ office from October 1, 2017 through January
15, 2018. Applicants will also select their preferred audition date on the M-DCPS School Choice & Parental Options website. You may access the magnet application through
• Students applying for Band, Broadcasting, Dance, Orchestra, Musical Theatre, Theatre Arts, Theatre Design & Production, and Vocal must reserve an audition date prior to submitting the online application. Your audition date will be confirmed via email. Please note: applicants who fail to show up to their audition date will not be granted a second audition. For audition criteria/requirements, please visit Miami Arts Studio’s website at mas.dadeschools.net.
• Students applying for Technical Production or Entertainment Law do not need to reserve an audition date. These applicants will be accepted through a random selection process.
• All applicants will receive notification via email on March 15, 2018 from MDCPS School Choice & Parental Option.
For more information, please call the MAS Magnet Office at 305.485.2323, or contact Nick Garcia, Magnet Lead Teacher at email@example.com.